GREENVIET’S VOLUNTEER NETWORK
2015-12-09 13:39:50 | Admin
GreenViet’s Volunteer Network was established since the early foundation of the Centre in 2012. Following the objective of mobilizing local community resources for conservation activities, GreenViet has put great emphasis on developing the local volunteer network. Since 2012, there have been more than 100 volunteers mobilized in Danang city. With strong capabilities and great passion, the volunteer network has supported a great number of programs, projects, events and movements in Da Nang.
Volunteers are mobilized according to different specific programs and events, mostly are organized in Danang. The activities are categorized into 2 main fields:
- Scientific research activities: Volunteers are recruited and trained to participate in scientific programs to learn about the status of biodiversity conservation, especially the Red-shanked douc langur (Pygathrix nemaeus) population in Son Tra Peninsula. The main tasks of volunteers are to support the field work, and to join the research team from Scientific Research Department of GreenViet. Some of the volunteers who have taken part in these activities are Le Thi Tram, Ho Thi Xuan Hien, Le Thi Tuong Vi, etc.
- Communication and education activities: These activities are mostly organized by the Communication and Education Department of GreenViet, in addition to some program organized by GreenViet’s Management Board, and some cooperated program with other government departments in Da Nang. The objective of these programs is to increase communication and education efforts in order to raise awareness of local community about the role of Son Tra biodiversity. There are various ways to support these activities by registering to support a short-term event, or supporting a long-term campaign that called by GreenViet. Some specific volunteers are called to participate in some projects such as “Son Tra Little Green Guards”, “Discover summer wildlife”, “I Love Son Tra Journey”, “Christmas with Red-Shanked Doucs”, who will be strictly trained before taking their mission of coordinating the program in a long time.
Some benefits for being with us
- You will have some opportunities to learn about biodiversity conservation in general, and about the Son Tra nature reservation in particular;
- You will have a place to join and contribute your valuable time of youth to protect wild animals and plants of your homeland as well as protect our national natural resources sustainably;
- You will be improved capacity during implementing specific programs and projects related to scientific research, education and communication in biodiversity conservation issues, as well as gained your knowledge and experience through working with GreenViet staffs and consultants to be more professional in the future.
- You will have chance to be recommended to attend some related training workshops organized by GreenViet or GreenViet’s partners in order to enhance your capacity.
- GreenViet will be happy to release recommendation letters to volunteers who have contributed to conservation activities.
- You will be free to approach GreenViet’s documentary for your studying and future researches.
How to register?
Interested candidates could register to be volunteers at GreenViet in specific projects when available, or by sending email to GreenViet at anytime with these information:
- Full name:
- Date of birth:
- Place of birth:
- Current Place of Studying/ Working:
- Interested Voluntary Area:
- Other Information:
Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with title “Volunteer Registration”
You can download Volunteer Regulations Here